An immobile caver suspended in a harness can have as little as 6 minutes before unconsciousness and death. Due to “Orthostatic Intolerance”, “Harness Induced Pathology” resulting possibly in “Toxic Shock Syndrome.”
Your caving buddy is exhausted or injured and hanging on the rope… the clock is now ticking !
Think about it!
- These are simple life saving rope rescue methods in the event of an injury to your caving partners.
- Assisting an incapacitated group member up or down a rope with smart advice or direct hands on action, getting them to a safer location and increase their chances of survival.
- Transport an incapacitated caver along a traverse line.
- Lowering them down or lifting them up pitches to help or safety.
- Understand the capabilities and versatility of your own SRT equipment and how to get the best out of it in an emergency.
- Have strategies for your own personal gear failure mid-pitch and how to deal with it quickly.
- Rig proactively minimise possible scenarios.
- Learn what simple extra kit to carry to solve most rope based problems and how to use it correctly.
This is an intense and highly enjoyable, full of informative life saving tips and tuition.
Previous experience: Complete competence in SRT + SRT RIGGING
(NOTE: I will not train SRT rescues to people who aren’t fluid at SRT, simple because its likely to kill the rescuer and casualty)
Duration: Min 1 full day preferably 2
Min Ratio: 1 instructor to 1
Max Ratio: 1 instructor to 4
Cost: Dependant on size of group and equipment needed